Deck Building Games, sometimes known as Card Drafting, is a game mechanic where players take turns selecting cards from a common pool. The cards that are available change each round, as players take cards and pass the remaining cards to the next player. This creates a dynamic and interactive game experience, as players must carefully consider their own picks and how they can deny their opponents the cards they want.
Simple strategy for card drafting games
- Pick the cards that are most valuable to you. This may mean picking cards that give you immediate points, cards that help you build your engine, or cards that synergize with other cards in your hand.
- Be aware of what other players are picking. Try to anticipate what cards your opponents need and pick those cards first, if possible. This will deny them the cards they need to win and give you a leg up in the game.
- Don’t be afraid to change your strategy. As the draft progresses, the cards that are available will change. Be willing to adapt your strategy based on what cards are left in the pool and what cards your opponents have picked.
Here are some additional tips for card drafting games:
- Pay attention to the order of the draft. If you’re picking later in the draft, you may have to be more flexible with your picks.
- Don’t be afraid to hate draft. Sometimes, the best card to pick is the card that your opponent needs the most. This can be a great way to deny them the cards they need to win.
- Have fun! Card drafting games are a great way to interact with your opponents and make strategic decisions.
Here are some of the most popular deck-building games:
- Star Realms
- Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer
- Aeon’s End
- Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game
- Shards of Infinity
#NaPodPoMo #carddrafting #boardgames #strategy
We’d love to have you follow our main show Meeples and Wine, where we review board games for couples, rated on how fun they are and how likely it is for Michael to wind up on the couch! Head to https://www.meeplesandwine.fun/subscribe-to-podcast and you’ll get all our shows delivered to your podcast app!
If you’ve got a game that you’d like us to demo get in touch at email@example.com, at our Twitter (@Meeplesandwine) or Facebook or if you’d like to leave us a voicemail you can go to https://www.speakpipe.com/MeeplesandWine!
You can also check out our quicklinks page! https://podcast.show/meeplesandwine/